The rules covering the Trust (the Trust Deed) state who can apply for a unit.
A person/entity is eligible to apply for a Unit if they hold any of the following:
- NSW Commercial Fishing Licence,
- NSW Fishing Boat Licence,
- NSW Fishing Business which includes a share in a share management fishery,
- A fishing boat licensed under Commonwealth law (AFMA) and the boat owner is resident in New South Wales,
- A NSW aquaculture permit (including Oyster farming) and the applicant has sold product through Sydney Fish Market to a value greater than $3,000 in any accounting period.