Who can apply for a Unit?

The rules covering the Trust (the Trust Deed) state who can apply for a unit.

A person/entity is eligible to apply for a Unit if they hold any of the following:

  • NSW Commercial Fishing Licence,
  • NSW Fishing Boat Licence,
  • NSW Fishing Business which includes a share in a share management fishery,
  • A fishing boat licensed under Commonwealth law (AFMA) and the boat owner is resident in New South Wales,
  • A NSW aquaculture permit (including Oyster farming) and the applicant has sold product through Sydney Fish Market to a value greater than $3,000 in any accounting period.

Download the Application for a Unit here.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *